We the Sea

navbar

Image Map

June 22, 2014

Happy Days







I follow a great blog called The Girls with Glasses.  It was created by two awesome girls who are cute, quirky, and both wear glasses like me!

Their latest blog post is a video they made titled "How To Be Happy".  Obviously the name gives away the main idea, but it essentially talks about finding your 'happy tools' for when you're having a bad day.




Sometimes life just has you down and its important to know what things can pick you pack up again.
I decided to sit down and make my own list of happy tools.  Here are the ones I was able to come up with:

Nature

This has got to be the biggest one for me.  Getting away from everything and retreating into the wilderness really brings you back to who you are and reminds you of what a beautiful world we've been given

Wear a Flowy Dress

When in doubt, slipping on a nice twirly dress and doing a few spins can really brighten up any boring old day!

Reread an Old Book

One of my favorite things to do is go back to an old book, preferably one I read in my teenage years. Reintroducing yourself to the old characters hidden between the dusty pages and coming back to a comfortable story you have heard before is a lovely thing.

Listen to Music 

I especially love Sara Bareilles when I'm in a funk. Her music is very fun and empowering. Pumping up the volume when her songs come on (preferably when wearing a flowy dress) can cure any bad day!

Bake a Cake (Then Eat It) 

Creating something yummy out of nothing more than a few ingredients you have in your pantry is slightly awesome.  Especially when you get to lick the spoon and eat the finished product a short time later!


What are some of your happy tools? I'd love to hear!

post signature