We the Sea

navbar

Image Map

August 9, 2014

DIY Donut Coasters


If you know me even a tiny bit then you know I love donuts.

I love these doughy, frosted wonders so much that when I saw this DIY the other day I knew I had to have a set of my own.  So I frolicked to the store, bought 4 cork coasters, and got ready to work!

Here is what you need:

































-fun paint colors
-a large and a small paint brush
-craft blade
-cutting mat (not pictured)
-small cork coasters


Step 1: Use something small and round to make the hole in the middle of the donut.  Trace it out with a pencil.



Step 2: Use the craft knife to cut out the circle in the middle.  Make sure you cut on your rubber craft mat. I did a rough cut of the circle just to get it started and then perfected the edges afterwards.


Step 3: Use the paint of your choosing and the large brush to make the 'frosting'.  I went with pink! Flip over the coaster beforehand so the pencil marks are on the bottom and out of sight.


Step 4: Paint on the sprinkles!




After this you are good to go! You may want to coat them in Mod Podge if you have it just to ensure that the paint stays on.



































So fun right? Another way you can go about this is painting larger cork boards and using them as bulletin boards. I chose to go with this version though 'cause I love me some funky donut coasters :)
 photo ScreenShot2014-08-01at53009PM.png